Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Work continues...

I've been working on the model for a few hours again. In the past few days I've been thinking about the walls and how to improve them so that they don't appear to be flat red surfaces and also to solve the issue of the ugly mix of plates and bricks around the windows. The solution I now chose is to replace all bricks by plates and use duotone in this so that the appearance of the wall becomes somewhat more realistic like actual bricks.

Unfortunatly this change requires me to start all over again from the floor up, which stops me from making any progress on the next storeys, but I believe it's well worth the effort.

Here you can see an example of what the walls now look like, when only using plates.

I hope to be getting close to the point where I was before in one or two days work.

Some statistics about the model:
Size: 92x80x44 studs which equals to about 73x63x35 cm (this is not the final size)
Parts: ~1600 pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment